Important Public Message. May take 10 seconds to load. Make sure your speakers are on.
- Go AS, Mozaffarian D, Roger VL, et. al; on behalf of the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2014 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2014;129:e28–e292.
- (March 20, 2013). “High Blood Pressure Facts”. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. USA.gov. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/facts.htm.
- (October 31, 2012). “High Blood Pressure Damages the Brain in Early Middle Age”. UC Davis Health System. Retrieved from http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/newsroom/7118
- Strom, Brian L., Cheryl AM Anderson, and Joachim H. Ix. "Sodium reduction in populations: insights from the Institute of Medicine committee." JAMA 310.1 (2013): 31-32.
- Graudal, Niels, et al. (2014). "Compared With Usual Sodium Intake, Low-and Excessive-Sodium Diets Are Associated With Increased Mortality: A Meta-Analysis." American Journal of Hypertension
- Appel, Lawrence J., Brands, Michael W. et. al. "Dietary Approaches to Prevent and Treat Hypertension." Hypertension 47 (2006): 296-308.
- Rajesh Garg, Gordon H. Williams, Shelley Hurwitz, Nancy J. Brown, Paul N. Hopkins, Gail K. Adler (July 2011). “Low-salt diet increases insulin resistance in healthy subjects”. Metabolism - Clinical and Experimental Volume 60, Issue 7 , Pages 965-968
- (Jan. 21, 2011). “High blood pressure dangers: Hypertension’s effects on your body”. Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Retrieved from http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-blood-pressure/HI00062
- (April 23, 2013). “High Blood Pressure”. MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/highbloodpressure.html
- (April 23, 2013). “Anti-Hypertensive Drugs”. Baylor Healthcare System. News-Medical.Net. Retrieved from http://www.news-medical.net/admin/health/Anti-Hypertensive-Drugs.aspx
- Nutrition Week Mar 22, 1991 21:12:2-3
- Boshtam M, Rafiei M, Sadeghi K, Sarraf-Zadegan N (October 2002.).”Vitamin E can reduce blood pressure in mild hypertensives”. National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved from. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12463106
- Jalal DI, Smits G, Johnson RJ, Chonchol M. “Increased fructose associates with elevated blood pressure.” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 2010 Sep;21(9):1543-9.
- Alfin-Slater, R B and L Aftergood, “Lipids”, Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease, Chapter 5, 6th ed, R S Goodhart and M E Shils, eds, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia 1980, p 131
- (Sept. 16 2010). "Nutrition instruction declining steadily at medical schools". American Medical News. Retrieved from http://www.amednews.com/article/20100916/profession/309169996/8/
- (April 2014). "Medicine use and shifting costs of healthcare." IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics. Retrieved from http://www.imshealth.com/cds/imshealth/Global/Content/Corporate/IMS%20Health%20Institute/Reports/Secure/IIHI_US_Use_of_Meds_for_2013.pdf